Tuesday 14 June 2011

First ever life drawing class!

I FINALLY got around to going to the local art shack's life drawing course, and I gotta say it was totally worth it! I went with my bud Janelle, two hours straight of nekkid body builder guy haha! He was a super nice guy actually.

So it started out really fast, a lot faster than I thought it would be! 10 second poses and stuff like that. I was a little thrown off because I was never sure how fast I had to draw, so sometimes I'd have barely half the pose drawn and he'd change, and other times I'd finish WAY too early and could have done a way cleaner and nicer drawing. I suppose I'll get used to it!


Starting out with the quick stuff, nothing too impressive :

A bit more time...

A biiit moooore..


Now we're starting to see strong outlines


Had time for a tiny bit of shading..
 Some very rough shading..

No some fully shaded stuff!




I'm looking forward to going again! : )

1 comment:

  1. Lol, I think there was a time when my class got down to 5-7 second gesture drawings. It was crazy, but once you get used to it, it's amazing how much of a pose's feeling you can manage capture with just a few quick movements. I'd say you did well here though

    ReplyDelete