Thursday 6 October 2011

TLD;R

Lately I've been feeling really anxious to just start my studies and move out. Which is REALLY unlike the old me, just the thought of moving away almost brought me to tears just a year ago! I'm finally growing up it seems. We're five people in my house right now and I don't know, the idea of being out on my own is just so appealing! I'll be able to buy a car soon (and hopefully drive it if I can ever get my license lololol) so I guess that'll be good to get some more independence. Bottom line it just feels weird to be thinking this way. Its just so, unlike what I've been all my life.... its so incredibly refreshing. I'm very happy.

As for the art, well, I just wish I could see it through the eyes of another. I know I'm really hard on myself but gaaahh I just cant seem to look at my art (especially my newer attempts at cartooning) and like much of it! I guess comparing my art to gods like Glen Keane isn't helping too much either.... But I dunno, I often compare my old art to my new art and think "was I way better at that style??" But I'm determined to nail this cartooning thing. I guess I'm just not used to adding much movement and emotion to my artwork, it was always "OMG PRETTY HAIR" and "PRETTY SHADING AND OVERLY COMPLEX DESIGN". I feel like when I was trying to stop drawing anime aaaaalll over again, nothing fits just right or looks right. Baaah but anyways. Enough with the tld;r! I've got some recent sketches and some rough paintings! Yeah!

Here we have an old sketch I decided to paint quickly, trying new brushes. I may or may not polish this!

Another work in progress of a character in the works! This one I plan to fully render, though I'm not used to painting this kind of character so its a little weeiirrdd!

Trying to get some movement and emotion in my sketches, I don't hate them I suppose.

Again, more sketches for movement mostly emotions GAAAAH Y SO HARD

More sketches and coming up with new characters!

And some character developing sketches! 
More to come soon!

1 comment:

  1. Wowwwwww your style has changed so much! I know what you mean though, when you switch styles it's like adopting a whole new way of thinking, and it's incredibly tedious. But I think going from anime to realism is harder, because at least now you've studied the human form and you've got a better grasp on how to stylize it. :) AND IT LOOKS AWESOME BTW, the expressions rule and I especially like Michelle's poses in the lower right of the first page of sketches. Good work bro. <3

    ... BAWWWW I wish I had time to draw more ;_;

    ReplyDelete