Sunday 3 February 2013

Spent all weekend working on my very first animatic! Turns out Final Cut Pro is really easy to use which is good, but it's a slow process none the less haha. Looking back at the old Fosters Home storyboards I drew last term I really shouldn't have rushed them in the end, I guess I didn't realize at the time that all those drawings would be blown up on a huge screen for when we're going to be screening all of them. OOPS. I already know how I want to go about certain things differently next time around, I'm already excited for it! It's super fun, although listening to my own voice is pretty horrifying hahahaaaa, I voiced Frankie! (had to do lots of kissy noises hurr durr)


Anyways, there's a challenge going around on tumblr right now, generate a random pokemon and make 3 designs. Looking at these I can see how far I've come with character design, I still have a really long way to go but I'm seeing some progress! Woulda probably helped if I was more knowledgeable of bird anatomy, but I decided to wing it (pun intended).


Been messing around with different textured brushes in photoshop, painted this fat cat because fat cats are just, the best.



As dorky as it sounds, I often find myself getting super emotional when watching animated movies. They're just so beautiful. And I don't even mean aesthetically, I just love and worship the art form. I'm loving it at college, I really feel as though I've found where I belong and what I'm meant to do, I just love it. Lately I've been getting really impatient, I want to get in the industry RIGHT NOW. Haha, I feel so naive saying that. I mean, what do I know about the industry, really? But meh, I prefer being a dreamer than a pessimist. I don't know where I'll end up, but I'm already excited to get there.


And a buncha Goofy gestures! We need to pick 10 of them to cleanup for cleanup class, I need to practice drawing him more haha. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment